10 Years experience
Skills-based English teacher
Tutor Specialisms and Experience
- KS3/KS4 Teacher
- Academic challenges – secondary general
- Gifted and talented
- Confidence and self-esteem
Experience, training and skills
I have been teaching English Literature and Language from Key Stage 3, GCSE and A-Level for the last 10 years, I am also a dedicated personal and private tutor for the last 5 years. I am passionate about my work and fully encourage all students to reach as high as possible in their studies. I am also an examiner for two if the major exam boards, so have intimate knowledge and understanding of how to hone skills for the very top grades.
- 10 years teaching ages 11-18, fully inclusive of all SEND and EAL in state/grammar and private schools.
- Mentoring, training and coaching of teachers and students
- Skills-based English Teacher
- Research / academically-minded, focusing on the growth mindset and utilising current pedagogy.
My Teaching Philosophy
Intelligence is a learned behaviour. Anyone who wants to succeed, will. If they dedicate the time, effort and remain resilient, the world is yours. The only obstacle to success is you. For some, the journey is hard, for others it is the hardest trek up the steepest mountain, but if you persevere, then you will make it.
Something sensational about me
After 10 years, I still love what I do. I followed the academic path and now lead the research hub at my place of work and am committed to ongoing high standards of teaching and learning. Whatever the challenge is, I am dedicated to finding the best path for the student to achieve their potential.
4.30 - 7pm
1pm - 5pm