I am a qualified primary school teacher and Teacher of the Deaf with over 15 years’ experience.
PGCE (Primary) 2002 and PGDip (Education of Deaf Children) 2006
Level 3 British Sign Language
Member of the British Association of Teachers of the Deaf (BATOD). BATOD Southern region secretary and member of BATOD National Executive.
Tutor Specialisms and Experience
- EYFS Teacher
- KS1/KS2 Teacher
- Academic challenges – primary general
- Spelling and reading
- Fine and/ or gross motor skills
Experience, training and skills
I am a qualified primary school teacher and Teacher of the Deaf with over 15 years’ experience. During my career, I have worked in a variety of settings and held roles including teacher in charge, visiting teacher and as a freelance teacher within higher education. I have worked with students with a range of needs and within a CAMHS unit. I am a positive, organised person and enjoy meeting and working with new people.
I have Level 3 British Sign Language.
Experience and skills
- Experience of both managing staff and teaching students aged 3-25.
- Have taught students with a variety of SEND including deafness, communication issues, autism, behaviour issues and PMLD.
- Have worked as a resource teacher, teacher in charge, visiting teacher and as a teacher in an in-patient CAMHS unit.
- Experience in planning individual programmes of support in coordination with allied professionals and families.
- Experience of working with families to support their children and young people.
- Experience in organising and managing EHCPs.
- Organised, flexible, creative, friendly and reliable professional.
- PGCE (Primary) 2002 and PGDip (Education of Deaf Children) 2006
- Level 3 British Sign Language
- Member of the British Association of Teachers of the Deaf (BATOD). BATOD Southern region secretary and member of BATOD National Executive.
- Currently undertaking a MEd (Inclusive Practice) with the Open University.
My Teaching Philosophy
I believe that every student has the right to quality first teaching which recognises and builds on their unique skills and abilities. I follow a social constructivist teaching philosophy, seeking to identify a student’s areas of development and working collaboratively with them to bridge those gaps.