8 years SEN experience
Tutor Specialisms and Experience
- KS1/KS2 Teacher
- KS3/KS4 Teacher
- SENCo/ SENDCo
- Academic challenges – primary general
- Spelling and reading
- Memory and processing challenges
- Fine and/ or gross motor skills
Experience, training and skills
I am an Australian teacher working in London. I have been teaching for eight years – seven years in Australia and one in the UK. I have a Bachelor of Education and a Masters in Education (Special Education Needs). I have been a SENCO for the last six months and am passionate about working with children with additional needs. As an experienced teacher, I have a range of skills and knowledge to teach across the primary curriculum including:
– Phonics and Reading (using Read Write Inc and Cued Articulation, Letterland)
– Mathematics (Maths Mastery, using hands on materials)
– Fine motor development
– Visual support strategies and kinaesthetic learning opportunities
– Digital learning (Using iPads and apps to support learning)
I believe strongly in working in partnership with families to ensure each child experiences success.
My Teaching Philosophy
Every child can experience success and every achievement should be celebrated, no matter how big or how small.
Choose me if…
You want a patient, empathetic and adaptable teacher for you child!
Something sensational about me
As a child I found learning challenging. I had to work very hard with the support of my family and teachers to get to where I am today (including crawling when I was 10 to help retrain my brain) This gives me tremendous insight when I am working with children who need assistance with their learning.